APRIL 15, 2021
Eagle Innovation is a one-day business pitch competition open to all UMW and Germanna students. Students will pitch their idea to a panel of business professionals, and three winning teams will receive seed capital for their company or startup. Grand prize of $2,000. This event is open to the Fredericksburg professional community, you must register to attend.
Welcome & Keynote Speaker: Tyrone Logan, Obsidian Solutions Group
1st Round of Competition: Elevator Pitches, guests vote for their favorite concepts
2nd Round of Competition: Student Finalist Pitches, 5 teams with the most votes pitch their business to a panel of judges
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to win the grand prize of $2,000 in seed capital, $1,000 for second place and $500 for third place
- The opportunity to network and learn from experienced and successful entrepreneurs and professionals
- Access to research databases, business consultants and office space to prepare your business pitch
- Feedback and guidance from the UMW Center for Economic Development’s team
- At least one student from each team must be a current student at UMW or Germanna OR a UMW 2020 graduate
- The deadline to apply is March 18, 2021
- Students must form their own business ideas
Interested in Sponsoring?
Eagle Innovation brings together the professional community with the university’s innovative and bright students, creating opportunities to launch and grow new businesses in Fredericksburg and make meaningful connections. Be part of this creative and vibrant night and support the growing community of entrepreneurs at UMW and in Fredericksburg by sponsoring our event.
Register to attend
This event is free to attend, you must RSVP. Zoom link will be distributed prior to event at the email address provided in the RSVP form.
Thank you to Our Sponsors
Email Kelsey Whitman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 654-1038