A Business Pitch Competition for students
April 24, 2023 | 6:00-8:00
Eagle Innovation is a one-day business pitch competition open to all UMW and Germanna students. Students will pitch their idea to a panel of business professionals, and three winning teams will receive seed capital for their company or startup. Grand prize of $2,000. Register to participate by Monday, April 10, 2023. This event is open to the Fredericksburg professional community.
Registration closed on Monday, April 10.
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to win the grand prize of $2,000 in seed capital, $1,000 for second place and $500 for third place
- The opportunity to network and learn from experienced and successful entrepreneurs and professionals
- Access to research databases, business consultants and office space to prepare your business pitch
- Feedback and guidance from the UMW Center for Economic Development’s team
- Virtual prep-session on April 13 from 3-5 to learn about the elements of a pitch and what to expect at the pitch competition.
- At least one student from each team must be a current student at UMW or Germanna
- Students must form their own business ideas
Interested in Sponsoring?
Eagle Innovation brings together the professional community with the university’s innovative and bright students, creating opportunities to launch and grow new businesses in Fredericksburg and make meaningful connections. In 2021, there were over 100 attendees at the virtual event and we continue to grow each year as our ecosystem expands and people spread the word about this wonderful event. Be part of this creative and vibrant night and support the growing community of entrepreneurs at UMW and in Fredericksburg by sponsoring our event.
Register to attend
This event is free to attend but you must RSVP.
Email Angie Kelley at email@example.com or call (540) 654-1170