Center for Economic Development
Contact College of Business
Contact REDCO 504
Contact Center for Business Research
Contact SBDC Fredericksburg
CED Events and Initiatives
Welcome to the UMW Small Business Development Center
EagleWorks Business Incubation Center
You are here:
Contact the UMW SBDC
Contact the UMW SBDC
Request for Consulting
Part I: Client Request for Counseling
Address (give business address if currently in business)
District of Columbia
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
I request business consulting service from the Small Business Administration (SBA) or an SBA Resource Partner. I agree to cooperate should I be selected to participate in surveys designed to evaluate SBA services. I permit SBA or its agent the use of my name and address for SBA surveys and information mailings regarding SBA products and services.
I understand that any information disclosed will be held in strict confidence. (SBA will not provide your personal information to commercial entities.) I authorize SBA to furnsih relevant information to the assigned management consultant(s). I further understand that the consultant(s) agrees not to: 1) recommend goods or services from sources in which he/she has an interest, and 2) accept fees or commissions developing from this counseling relationship. In consideration of the consultant(s) furnishing management or technical assistance, I waive all claims against SBA personnel, and that of its Resource Partners and host organizations, arising from this assistance. Please note: The estimated burden for completing this form is 18 minutes. Comments on the burden should be sent to: U.S. Small Business Administration, 409 3rd Street, SW, Washington, DC 20416, and to : Desk Officer SBA, Office of Management and Budget, New Executive Office Building, Room 10202, Washington, D.C., 20503. Please enter your full name, indicating your acceptance of the above terms.
Part II: Client Intake (to be completed by all Clients)
Race (mark one or more)
American Indian or Alaska Native
Black or African American
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
Prefer not to answer
Hispanic or Latino
Not Hispanic or Latino
Prefer not to answer
Do you consider yourself a person with a disability?
Service Disabled Veteran
On Active Duty
Member of National Guard
Member of Reserve
Spouse of the Military Member
What prompted you to contact us?
Local Economic Development Office
Word of Mouth
Chamber of Commerce
Are you currently in business?
Name of Company
Type of Business (choose primary category)
Finance & Insurance
Real Estate & Rental & Leasing
Health Care & Social Assistance
Accomodation & Food Service
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
Transportation & Warehousing
Professional, Scientific & Technical
Management of Companies & Enterprises
Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
Administrative & Support
Waste Management & Remediation Services
Other Services (except Public Administration)
What percentage of your business is male ownership?
What percentage of your business is female ownership?
Month & Year Business Started?
Do you conduct business online?
Are you a home based Business?
Are you 8(a) certified?
Total Number of Full Time Employees
Total Number of Part Time Employees
For your most recent full business year, what were your Gross Revenues/Sales $?
For your most recent full business year, what were your +Profits/-Losses $?
What is the legal entity of your business?
What is the nature of the consulting you are seeking?
Start-Up Assistance (How do I start a small business?)
Financing/Capital (such as applying for a loan, building equity capital)
Managing a Business
Human Resources/Managing Employees
Cash Flow Management
Marketing/Sales (promotion, market research, pricing, etc.)
Government Contracting (including certifications)
eCommerce (using the internet to do business)
Legal Issues (such as, Should I incorporate?)
Describe specific assistance requested in the space provided.
In order for the SBDC to meet your consulting needs, please answer the following questions as completely as possible.
Briefly describe your existing or proposed business venture and where it is (or will be) located.
Do you now or have you ever owned a business?
Please describe your business ownership or business management experience.
Who are (or will be) your customers?
Who is (or will be) your main competition?
How your business is (or will be) better than your competition?
How your business is (or will be) financed?
Client Rights and Responsiblities
Please read the following and place a checkmark in the box to signify that you have read and agree to the Clients Rights and Responsibilities.
1. You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration by your consultant and other UMWSBDC personnel.
2. You are entitled to professional consulting services and be advised if the UMWSBDC is unable to provide services within the time frame required.
3. You have the right to privacy regarding information shared with the UMWSBDC. No information provided by you will be used to the commercial or other advantage of any staff member, consultant, or other resource of the UMWSBDC or to the advantage of any third party.
4. You are entitled to confidentiality of your client status with UMWSBDC. No public use of your name, address or business identity will be made without your expressed written prior approval. UMWSBDC is required to provide limited information with respect to your client status to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
5. You will receive email notifications from UMW SBDC but you will have the option to unsubscribe anytime you want to. ( By signing this form, you are agreeing to receive emails from UMW SBDC email platform).
6. You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee for training programs, special services, and publications. However you have the right to feel secure that no fee will be charged by UMWSBDC for the normal consulting services provided to you.
7. You may not be refused services on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.
8. Your acceptance of management and technical assistance from UMWSBDC means that you agree to waive all claims against UMWSBDC and its staff or any other resources employed by or used in connection with these services.
9. You are expected to cooperate with the UMWSBDC in its efforts to assure the quality and effectiveness of the consulting services it provides.
10. You are required to complete a brief impact assessment at the end of each calendar year in order to continue services.
Please enter your full name and today's date on the line below to signify that you have read and agree to the Clients Rights and Responsiblities as listed above.