- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration by your consultant and other UMWSBDC personnel.
- You are entitled to professional consultant services and be advised if the UMWSBDC is unable to provide services within the time frame required.
- You have the right to privacy regarding information shared with the UMWSBDC. No information provided by you will be used to the commercial or other advantage of any staff member, consultant, or other resource of the UMWSBDC or to the advantage of any third party.
- You are entitled to confidentiality of your client status with UMWSBDC. No public use of your name, address or business identity will be made without your express prior approval.
- (UMWSBDC is required to provide limited information with respect to your client status to the U.S. Small Business Administration)
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee for training programs, special services, and publications. However, you have the right to feel secure that no fee will be charged by UMWSBDC for the normal consulting services provided to you.
- You may not be refused services on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Your acceptance of management and technical assistance from UMWSBDC means that you agree to waive all claims against UMWSBDC and its staff or any other resources employed by or used in connection with these services.
- You are expected to cooperate with the UMWSBDC in its efforts to assure the quality and effectiveness of the consulting services it provides.
- You are expected to complete a brief impact assessment at the end of each calendar year in order to continue services.
The University of Mary Washington Small Business Development Center (UMW SBDC) is a resource center that provides assistance to the small business community via management training, industrial and demographic research, and confidential one-on-one consulting with a focus on capital access and management planning. The UMW SBDC has an office in Fredericksburg serving the City of Fredericksburg and surrounding counties and an office in Warsaw serving the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula.
If you have any questions, please contact your consultant or call us (540) 654-1383.