What is the EagleWorks Business Incubation Center?
EagleWorks (EW) is a business incubation center housed at the University of Mary Washington Center for Economic Development (UMW CED). EW extends business development services to local start-up and early-stage companies looking to grow their enterprises. Our incubation programming supports entrepreneurs through access to professional networks, office facilities, consulting services, peer engagement opportunities and other business resources.
What kind of services does EagleWorks offer?
- Access to UMW Small Business Development Center (SBDC) consultants
- Access to Business Development Research Databases
- Access to UMW student interns and the Employ an Eagle Program
- Access to the Government Procurement Assistance Center
- Access to the Professional Services Center
- Networking opportunities: Executive roundtables, “Special Topics” lunches, Guest Speakers, “Jellies” for home- based businesses
- Access to capital through a network of established relationships with angel investors, venture capitalists, commercial banks and government financial assistance programs
- Company benchmark reviews
- Professional office space and facilities
What types of companies are eligible to become EagleWorks clients?
Any early-stage or start-up enterprise with growth goals that meet our criteria can benefit from the services of the EagleWorks program. We work with for-profit or not-for-profit businesses across numerous industries. Prospective clients must complete an application form and come in for an interview with our staff. The UMW CED staff will review your application to determine if our program is a good fit for your company. Some examples of our current client companies are:
- Business, Industry and Public Sector Consulting
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property Development
- Human Resource Management Services
Do I have to sign a commitment?
Yes, all EW clients will sign a Service Agreement. An initial 3 month’s commitment is required upon admittance. Terms are flexible thereafter.
Who do I contact for more information?
Kelsey Whitman/EagleWorks Manager office phone: (540) 654-1038
UMW CED office phone: (540) 654-1383
Where do I apply for the EagleWorks Program?
You can submit the application online by clicking the link below or you can visit the UMW Center for Economic Development office to apply in person.