What is the UMW EagleWorks Business Incubation Center?
UMW EagleWorks is a business incubation center housed at the University of Mary Washington Center for Economic Development (UMW CED). EagleWorks extends business development services to local start-up and early-stage companies looking to grow their enterprises. Our incubation programming supports entrepreneurs through access to professional networks, office facilities, consulting services, peer engagement opportunities and other business resources.
What kind of services does UMW EagleWorks offer?
- Access to UMW Small Business Development Center (SBDC) consultants
- Access to Business Development Research Databases
- Access to UMW student interns and the UMW Handshake recruitment platform
- Access to the Government Procurement Support Services
- Networking opportunities
- Access to capital through a network of established relationships with angel investors, venture capitalists, commercial banks and government financial assistance programs
- Professional office space and facilities
What types of companies are eligible to become UMW EagleWorks clients?
Any early-stage or start-up enterprise with growth goals that meet our criteria can benefit from the services of the EagleWorks program. We work with for-profit or not-for-profit businesses across numerous industries. Prospective clients must complete an application form and come in for an interview with our staff. The UMW CED staff will review your application to determine if our program is a good fit for your company.
Do I have to sign a commitment?
Yes, all EagleWorks clients will sign a Service Agreement. An initial 3 month’s commitment is required for Resident companies upon admittance. Terms are flexible thereafter.
Who do I contact for more information?
Bianka Rosales: (540) 654-1920
UMW CED main office: (540) 654-1383
Where do I apply for the EagleWorks Program?
You can submit the application online by clicking the link below.