Virginia Reopening Phase 2 started June 5, and many local businesses are beginning to reopen The governor and his team created a 41-page manual full of mandatory requirements, best practices, and resources for businesses to follow while reopening. This manual provides detailed guidance broken down by industry segments. You can access the manual here.
As you reopen your business, it is important to communicate with your customers that you are following the state guidelines and doing all that you can to protect their health, as well as the health of your employees. Many people are reluctant to be out in public yet, so it may be necessary for you to continue some of the practices that you initiated during the shutdown and Phase 1. These practices can encourage your customers to do business with you, but only if your customers are aware of them.
These practices and policies will include:
1) Will you require customers to wear masks while in your business?
2) How many customers are allowed in your business at one time? How will you monitor and enforce this requirement?
3) Will you continue to offer curbside pickup? Will you offer delivery?
4) Have you adjusted your hours of operations?
5) Are you offering your full line of products and services? If not, what products and services are you offering?
6) What other changes have you implemented that will impact the way your customers do business with you?
If you have questions pertaining to your business in regards to phase two, our consultants are available to help answer your questions. Please email your consultant or click here to become a client.
Find details for the Virginia Safer at Home Guidelines at: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Virginia-Forward-Phase-Two-Guidelines.pdf
Find current recommended best practices for Virginia Business at: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/