As restrictions are being lifted as Phase 3 reopening starts today, July 1, 2020 and customers are returning to your businesses, it is important to communicate with your staff and customers the steps that you are taking to protect their health. Clear communication will help your customers and your employees feel safe and prevent misunderstandings. Here are some suggestions:
- Clearly post signs stating your policies regarding masks, number of customers in stores, and other safety precautions you have instituted
- Consider creating a floor plan to direct traffic in one direction to help maintain social distancing. Use of physical barriers, floor markings, colored tape, and signage to direct flows may help
- Separate tables, counters, and displays to allow customers to feel comfortable
- Promote contactless payment methods accepted
- Consider reserving special hours for high-risk customers to frequent your business
- Have hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes located prominently around your establishment
- Post pictures on your social media sites showing the steps you have taken, including employees wearing masks and other protective gear; employees sanitizing carts, counters, cash registers, and doors; customers practicing social distancing in your shop; and barriers, signage, etc
To view the previous phase 2 guidelines, visit our Phase II: 6 Important Questions for Reopening blog post.
If you have questions pertaining to your business in regards to phase three, our consultants are available to help answer your questions. Please email your consultant or click here to become a client.
Find details for the Virginia Safer at Home Phase 3 Guidelines at: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Forward-Virginia-Phase-Three-Guidelines.pdf
Find current recommended best practices for Virginia Business at: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/